- Persons age 12 or older who had disabilities experienced 1.3 million nonfatal violent crimes in 2012.
- In 2012, the age-adjusted rate of violent victimization for persons with disabilities (60 per 1,000 persons with disabilities) was nearly three times the rate among persons without disabilities (22 per 1,000 persons without disabilities).
- In 2012, the age-adjusted rate of violent victimization was higher for persons with disabilities than for those without disabilities for both males and females.
- For each racial group measured, persons with disabilities had higher age-adjusted violent victimization rates than persons without disabilities in 2012.
- In 2012, 52% of nonfatal violent crime against persons with disabilities involved victims who had multiple disability types
- Manhunt launched for callous thug who carried out vicious attack on disabled pensioner
- Shocking CCTV footage shows blind and deaf man pushed onto train tracks in violent assault
- Caught On Camera: Men Steal Tablet From Woman In Wheelchair
Adaptive Fantasy Fighting – Erik Kondo
- UPDATE: Man held on $50Kbail after assault on vet
- Disabled 60-year-old pushed out of his wheelchair and attacked at Hinckley railway station
- Wartime Violence against Disabled Women Often Ignored
- Stop Telling Me That I’m Pretty for a Girl in a Wheelchair: How Your Words Contribute to Violence Against Women with Disabilities
- Wheelchair-bound homeowner kills intruder, officers say
- A Case Study of an Attack – Erik Kondo
- Combating disability hate crimes in Medway
- Disabled man in wheel chair tackles child molestation suspect
- First Response to Victims of Crime Who Have a Disability – 33 Page Document
- Bullying and Harassment of Students with Disabilities – 3 Page Document
- Bullying and Children and Youth with Disabilities and Special Health Needs – 3 Page Document
WEBSITES & BLOGS