This Hyper-Learning Module outlines of viewpoint held by many people regarding women’s self-defense.
Traditional women’s self-defense is based on a problem solving methodology.
First define the Problem, next apply the Solution.
In terms of traditional women’s self-defense, the following applies:
- The Problem: 1 in 4 women sexually assaulted during their lifetime.
- The Solution: Teach women skills to fight-off Bad Guys.
The Problem breaks down into:
(1) 1 in 4 women sexually assaulted
The Solution breaks down into:
(3) to fight off
(4) Bad Guys
(5) So they don’t become victims of sexual assault.
The following links and references creates images and a view of mostly western middle to upper class, white teenage girls and women, all equally at risk of forcible sexual assault from a variety of creepy and dangerous male strangers who physically overwhelm their randomly selected victims.
This is the Traditional Women’s Self-Defense Paradigm Viewpoint. It is commonly held.
It is promoted by the Merchants of Fear that have a vested interest in advocating this viewpoint:
- The martial arts and self-defense training industry
- The firearms industry
- Law Enforcement
- “Tough on Crime” politicians
- Self-Defense Products Industry
- The News Media
- The Entertainment Industry
The Traditional Women’s Self-Defense Paradigm Viewpoint is the most widely held view of both the Problem faced by women and the most effective Solution.